My P3 seems to work perfectly ... except it doesn't respond to commands I send using the Command Tester in the P3 Utility.  If past experience is any indicator, this is a pilot-problem.  The P3 says it's connected to the computer at 38400.  Commands to the K3 [thru the P3] work fine and I can download the BMP image from the P3 fine.  I just downloaded the latest production FW for the K3 and P3.

When I send "=" it returns "P3"

When I send "#SPN000500;" it returns nothing and the span does not go to 50 KHz

No other command that I've tried has done anything.

I might be misreading the P3 Programmers Manual but it appears that all commands have the syntax: #<command><data>;  and the P3 Utility sends the command when I type the semicolon.  I've had the P3 for a number of years but have never tried to command it from the Utility.

73,

Fred ["Skip"] K6DGW
Sparks NV DM09dn
Washoe County