Glad to see there are few more observers out there. What I saw were two groups moving from north to south. Earlier there were three groups. But one group rotated out of view. I'm more of a deep sky observer and seeing the sun is a bit of a new experience. I bought a small solar scope to observe the eclipse. It was quite fascinating to see it happen where the sun appeared as large as an apple in the eyepiece.

Now that I have the little solar scope it's kind of interesting to see spots with my own eyes. I'm hoping this is, in fact, the beginning of cycle 25. The doldrums on 20 and 17 and a bit depressing.

Oddly enough, despite the low activity, I've been quite amazed at the number of good Q's I've made on 20 with the KX2. Seem to get a lot of 5x5 to 5x7 reports along with the comment "I can't believe you're only running 10 watts into a dipole". Of course the dipole is about 8300' ASL or about 50' above average terrain which is 8250' in elevation. That seems to be my QRP ace-in-the-hole.

73 - actually 72! -- Viva la QRP
Doug -- K0DXV