No definitive answer here for this one, but I have seen that the delays
CAN be largely minimized under the latest BT4(+) specs....  down to 20ms
or so theoretically(?)....  Some of the older standards are 200ms+...
1/5 of a second could definitely be noticeable.

I suspect it depends largely on quality of implementation in
hardware/firmware/software... just like anything else.

Disappointed that my admittedly limited searching thusfar has not
revealed a single-box solution for what I envision is the "the"
solution....  ONE box with a breakout cable allowing one to plug the BT
xceiver into the back of a K3s at BOTH the headphone and mic jacks and
accommodate a wireless BT headset and/or earbuds+mic like the Jaybird
Bluebuds or X2 or X3 updates.  I LOVE my Jaybirds and they'd be an
excellent field option...  Heck, I'd use them for headphones here in the
shack even if I didn't need the additional isolation of over-the-ear cups.

I'd use them for SSB/FM...  Not sure about CW.... I'm just beginning to
learn code.... BUT the thought of using my Jaybirds with a KX2 in a
mountain biking or backpacking setting....  interests me.

73,

Clay Autery, KY5G