Tractor Supply Company has brand new ones for $10, a real bargain!

    On Wednesday, September 6, 2017 3:35 PM, Clay Autery <k...@montac.com>
wrote:

 Yes, all true milspec cans have gaskets for water-tight fit...  However...

1) Note that all cans I have seen have a metal lip that overlaps on 2-3
sides, plus the latch, PLUS the pinned hinge.
2) IF you see to it that there is a conductive path via the top to the
can body via the hinge and/or latch(es), AND/OR add a bonding wire
between the lid and can,

...you have an effective electrical faraday cage up to the frequency
whose wave-length is smaller than the larges continuous gap between
adjacent metal surfaces at worst... AND because the on most cans the
pulse would have to turn corners or a 180 even then, still a pretty
effective shield.

You could always test it yourself.  <smile>

Clay Autery, KY5G

Message delivered to wbus...@yahoo.com