From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net [elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] on
behalf of n...@zianet.com [n...@zianet.com]
Sent: Friday, September 08, 2017 10:47 AM
To: John Gibson
Cc: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] KX2/KX3 built-in speakers

John Gibson writes:

> Dear KX2 or KX3 owners,
>
> If you own a KX2 or KX3, do you find that the built-in speakers produce
> sound of sufficient loudness and good intelligibility?
>
> I do not (yet) own one of these fine radios, so I must ask others for this
> information.

I have had no problems using the internal speaker on my KX2 operating in
the field.  Plenty of volume and clarity, even operating in some fairly
brisk winds.  My experience is strictly CW, but imagine SSB would be the
same.  With the internal battery pack, it is a totally self-contained rig
(except antenna) in a single box you hold in your hand.  You'll like it.

72, Paul NA5N

Message delivered to ct...@ewnetinc.com