Good Evening,
The snow has stopped for a while. My poor daffodils are sprawled flat on the ground though. Hopefully they will recover when the warmth comes back. There was a short respite of sun toward the end of the day. This made life under the big, snow covered firs interesting. Whoomp every minute or so as the trees relieved themselves of their snow load. The dipoles are hung high in the trees so they are not in danger but the center guys do take a beating. Tuning my antenna for the twenty meter net was unusual since there was a three inch covering of snow. By the second net this was gone and tuning was more like normal. Twenty meters seemed quiet but when Dave checked in he kindly agreed to work folk from the other side of the Mississippi. Thank you, that was a great help! Ty has to take the award for the weakest signal I was able to dig out. I finally got his TF after five or six attempts. He jumped from non-existent, to ESP, to just barely readable. But the QSB sometimes works to gather in another station. On 40 meters the QSB was more on the other end because a number of folks mentioned their copy on me was poor. We also had lots of pigs flying around so I confused poor Bruce's call with N0TK who was working stations from CO. Sorry Bruce. BK TK ? I'll try harder next time. I need to write my FP number down so I can work a few folks when they stop by. Lloyd wanted my number but all I remembered was 700 something. Well, if you are reading this Lloyd I looked it up, I am FP #765 for the record. QTH: Buxton, Oregon (or, more accurately, the posh suburbs of Buxton :)

On 14050 kHz at 2300z:
AB8KJ - Chuck - MI - K1 - 1368
AB9V - Mike - IN - K2 - 3993      QNI #50!!!
K4TO - Dave - KY - K2 - 4117
K4JPN - Steve - GA - K2 - 1422    QNI #15!
VE6ITA - John - AB - K2 - 5384
K6DGW - Fred - CA - K2 - 4398
W1TF - Ty - GA - K1 - 1423    S 0.5 at best ;)

On 7045 kHz at 0200z:
VE6ITA - John - AB - K2 - 5384
KB6CQ - Henry - OH - ?
N0BK - Bruck - MN - K2 - 3646
VE3XL - Ric - ON - K1 - 968
AB8KJ - Chuck - MI - K1 - 1368
W1TF - Ty - GA - K1 - 1423        QNI #30!!
AB9V - Mike - IN - K2 - 3993
K3ESE - Lloyd - MD - K2 - 4442

If there are any correction or additions required to the above lists please email me and I will fix the database.

I hope your Easter weekend went well. I had totally forgotten about it until someone wished me Happy Easter on 20 meters. Friday I was busy with taxes and probate and on Saturday software, hardware, and then a wedding. Today I was busy collecting more wood and working on getting a microcontroller to talk to the other computers on our network across Ethernet. Now to break the wired link and go wireless. That one may wind up either on one of my robots or in the greenhouse. Now if only I had a fast connection to the Internet so I could monitor the greenhouse while I am out and about. It would be nice to know a few details while I am gone. I'd probably just worry about my plants though. I've got to close the control loop so the watering and temperature regulation is automated. Then I'd get to do the fun parts: planting, weeding, watching, and harvesting. One of these days...

Until next week stay warm and stay well.
   73,
       Kevin.  KD5ONS  (Net Control Operator 5th Class)