Since I'm basically a QRP op and rarely use more than 25 watts, I guess I didn't notice when this "problem" actually began. So here's the issue:

My KX2 will show the power I've set with the knob precisely, right up to 110 watts.  However, my KXPA100's green LEDs seem to be about 20 watts lower beginning at the 50 watt level.  For example, when I've set the KX2 to 70 watts, the KX2 bar graph indeed reads 70 but the KXPA100 shows the green 50 watt LED. At 100 watts the KX2 reads 100 but the KXPA100 reads 80 watts. At 25 watts, the KX2 and KXPA100 indications are in agreement.

I don't know which piece of equipment to believe.

According to the KXPA100 manual (which ONLY refers to the KX3), it says the drive levels have been set at the factory against a laboratory grade KX3 and should not normally need to be messed around with.

So is the KX2 calibrated in equal fashion at the factory or do I need to go through the CAL Pout routine for each band?

Anybody else run into this situation?

73, Stan WB2LQF