Dave and all,

While Steve Weber and Hans Summer do really good work and well thought out designs, I see only one problem with the stuff they do - the kits are available only for a limited time.
That is in contrast with the work Dave Benson did for the hobby.

I understand that they (or at least those who kit them) are individuals and are reluctant to take a longer term risk of investment in boards and the parts that go on them - things that may take years to sell and recoup the investment. Let's face it, those folks take delight in experimenting and coming up with new designs, but have no desire to turn those designs into a long lasting product line. They have no factory behind then to take over the chores after the initial fervor has died down.

73,
Don W3FPR