I can offer only my personal mobile experiences over 46 years, for what it's worth:

1971 Plymouth Sport Fury
FT-101E mounted over transmission hump
Power cable direct from car's battery to rig
Hustler rear-deck-lid-mounted antenna
Many 140-watt HF CW QSOs
No problems with any function of the car itself

1980 Chrysler Cordoba
FT-101E mounted over transmission hump
Exactly the same set-up and connections
No problems with any function of the car itself

1984 Oldsmobile 98 Brougham
1989 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1992 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1994 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
Raising kids, no rig in any of the above cars

2000 Cadillac DHS
FT-100D under-dash mounted
Many 100-watt mobile CW QSOs, hundreds of VHF/UHF FM QSOs
Power cable direct from car's battery to rig
ATAS-120 mounted on left side of trunk lid for HF
Comet 5/8 wave dual-band mounted on right side of trunk lid (VHF/UHF)
Diamond-K400 trunk mounts for both antennas
One-inch braid between trunk lid and something very metal and substantial (can't remember what) inside the trunk No problems with any accessories, navigation, or display screen at either 100 or 50 watt levels

2006 Cadillac DTS
FT-100D under-dash mounted
Same set-up and connections
No problems with any accessories, navigation, or display screen at either 100 or 50 watt levels

2010 Mercedes-Benz E550
FT-857D control head in dash, RF deck under seat
Exactly same set-up and connections
No problems with any accessories, navigation, or display screen at either 100 or 50 watt levels

2017 Lincoln Continental
FT-857D control head in dash, RF deck under seat
Exactly same set-up and connections
Running only VHF/UHF at 50 watts so far
No problems with any accessories, navigation, or display screen

Not being an E.E. and not knowing any better, I probably did it all wrong.

73,

KentĀ  K9ZTV