Congratulations to your having found the cause.
I have experienced similar but from different cause, which was unstable
connection inside the IF interface cable supplied with P3.
After replacing the coaxial cable with my home made one, my P3 started working
perfectly again.

73 de JH3SIF, Keith

Kiichiro (Keith) Onishi
Sent from iPad