Thanks again Don. This was an interesting one.

The DAC was constantly receiving data/clock signals from the CPU, even with
all the controls at rest. You could see the DAC output voltage jump when
the Band+ or Band- keys were pressed while in CAL FCTR, but then went
immediately back to where it started. I was stumped.

A little "googling" turned up an old post from 2004 by John G3NYX who had
the same problem while building his K2. Someone suggested to him to move
the RIT control and try again. Now, I confirmed that my RIT wasn't on so I
figured that it would have nothing to do with this issue. I was wrong. I
twisted the RIT knob a few times back and forth and then retested the PLL
range. Now everything works! It seems that even with RIT off, the CPU still
sends data to the DAC because of RIT. If the RIT control was a little noisy
and was right in between two readings it would cause the CPU to constantly
update the PLL reference oscillator DAC.

CAL PLL worked great, the BFO adjustments are done and the radio is working
great now.
Thanks for your help Don!
Mike M.
KU4QO