From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Dave Sublette
Sent: Thursday, November 9, 2017 9:43 AM
To: kd8...@aol.com
Cc: elecraft@mailman.qth.net; jso...@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] kxpd3 question

Jerry,

Don’t obsess over which paddle is best for you.  Which ever system you choose,
it will take hours and hours of off the air practice before you "should” put it
on the air.  Which ever system you start with, you will learn to love and
prefer — if you get that far.

I use iambic B and a dual paddle, but don’t often use the squeeze feature.  If
you start with this, as others have pointed out, you don’t have to squeeze.  My
opinion is (and it is just an opinion) by starting with the dual paddle, Iambic
B, you give yourself the most options to expand or change methods.

It is mostly timing and getting your internal “clock” to a place where you make
proper, readable communication using Morse.  An automatic keyer doesn’t do this
for you.  I hear plenty of people using keys who don’t send code that is
comfortable to copy.

Pick something and start practicing.  You will never master it until you start.

73,

Dave, K4TO

delivered to r...@elecraft.com