That Elecraft has shipped K2 #7223 is pretty amazing.  I built 1331 (a
doppelgänger) a long time ago.  I built 5226 also a long time ago. Gosh,
building them and the accessories were the best kit builds I ever did.

The suggestion that it has achieved a place along the HRO-60, Gold Dust Twins,
S Line or Drakes does merit the K2.  Unlike Heathkit point to point wiring it
was replaced by a modular PCB mounting scheme.  That was revolutionary and made
so many succeed.  I would vote the K2 into the radio hall of fame based on the
innovative modular design.

Joe N9JR