I can't see anything wrong with L6 or the circuitry around CA and C26. I'll
lift one end of L6 tomorrow- but now I'm starting to wonder if Q7 might be
shorted.

Bruce
N7CEE

--------------------------

If you can see the 1 ohm or so difference that represents the resistance of
L6 when measuring from each end of it to ground, you can tell which side the
short is on without lifting one lead: it'll be on the end with the lower
resistance to ground. That will tell you whether to look in the direction of
T2 or toward Q7.

The other possibility to a shorted Q7 is that Q7 is somehow locked "on".
There should be no bias to ground on the base of it to leave it off. If
there's about 0.6 VDC at the base then it's being held on by a current
through R2 that should not be there in receive mode. If that seems to be
case, grounding R2 at the end connected to the base of Q7 will turn it "off"
and make the short go away.

Ron AC7AC