Don and everyone,

The RemoteRig  RRC actually provides a built-in method to provide this duplicate CAT data.

Since the RRCs' COM2 are already occupied to tie the two ends together using CAT, all you have to do is to change each RRC's COM1 to mode-7. This will duplicate CAT over COM1 and you can use it in for control. Each RRC will provide the CAT data separately, so you can run a CAT sync device such as SteppIR, amplifier, etc. on the radio side and a logging/control program on the control side simultaneously and independently. Also note that the baud rate on COM1 must not necessarily be identical with COM2.

73,
Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX