Thank you for all the work you put into that.

My story is a lot like some others, but I got my Novice license during the “two
years and out” era (fall 1970). I didn’t make 13 wpm and I couldn’t renew the
license, so I was out of the hobby until 2009. Meanwhile, I got an electrical
engineering degree in signals and systems, with classes from some of the
pioneers in DSP. I worked in that field for a few years, then moved to
networking.

Without code, I came back to amateur radio, first with General and then with
Amateur Extra. I’m part of our local em-comm group and head up the Radio
Scouting activities for the Boy Scouts in our area. When I can get on a summit,
I do SOTA. A couple of times, I’ve made a stab at re-learning Morse, but it is
really, really hard. For me, it is like doing taxes while drunk. Not pleasant.
And don’t talk to me about “music and Morse”, because I’ve sung in church
choirs for over twenty years. I’ll try again.

wunder
K6WRU
Walter Underwood
CM87wj