Was this issue ever resolved?  I have noticed the same thing with mine
although the issue does not appear to be the tuner itself, but the K3 is not
transmitting any power so the tuner has nothing to work with.  I am running
FW version 5.60 an have this issue but only on 6 Meters.

I can power up the K3 and open WSJT-X on my computer and select 6 meters
which usually causes SPLIT to turn on.  Hold TUNE and the TX keys and the
display shows 0 power.  Turn off SPLIT and it puts out power as usual.  Then
if I turn SPLIT back on, it will then output a carrier as usual.

If SPLIT is enabled on 6 meters and you run a TX gain calibration, it will
fail the calibration because the TX puts out no power.

It's not a major issue but an annoyance since I tend to forget about it
every time I switch from HF to 6 and try to check my antenna tuning.

Thanks,
Mike, KI0HA

--
Sent from: http://elecraft.365791.n2.nabble.com/