Has anyone been able to get 2 Tone FSK to work with a K3?

In my case, I use a W3YY optical encoder for FSK and PTT. FSK & PTT work fine with MMTTY, and PTT works with WSJT; however, when I setup FSK in 2 Tone, I get a brief (less than 1 second) RTTY tone, and that is all. I can see the entire message in the N1MM Digital interface, so I know the message has been generated. I am using serial RTS for PTT, and I can verify it is working by monitoring the voltage on serial Pin 7. When RTS is generated, I also see PTT activated (PTT is grounded, so voltage drops to zero).

David, G3YYD, suggests NOT using FSK because the 2 Tone AFSK modes are superior (especially the differential mode, DOOK). These modes use VOX for PTT, and do work. I would like to get FSK working, too, so I can compare the RTTY transmit modes.

Thanks,
  - 73, John, N0TA