Although the IF frequency is 8.215Mhz the bandwidth at that frequency can't
be that much. Wouldn't down converting or sampling then down before down
converting yield a much more reasonable data stream?

As you suggest further processing before sending over IP to something that
can be reasonably displayed would make sense as well.

My desire is to not have a PC at the remote station. Something embedded is
fine.

73

jim ab3cv