On Apr 17, 2006, at 11:31 PM, Tom Hammond wrote:

If the shapes of the LSB and USB filters are NOT opposite of each other, the implication is that BOTH are on the SAME SIDEBAND, rather than being on OPPOSITE sidebands.

This occurred to me, but since the BFO frequencies he listed seemed right, this didn't seem possible. That's why I thought there was some sort of other high-frequency attenuation going one. Ron hit it on the head - the caps across the headphone jack cause this rolloff.

This can be confirmed by comparing either the DAC counts or the FREQUENCIES of the BFO. If both sets of values (DAC _or_ FREQ) are on the SAME side of the filter center frequency, then they're both on the same sideband, though possibly not on the same exact frequency.

Yup. Made that mistake once myself.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901