CQ WW CW is one of my favorite “sporting events” of the year. This year I tried
something different, operating for about half an hour using the KX2 hand-held,
at 10 W output, with a whip. Band conditions weren’t great, but I made about 20
contacts total using 15 and 20 meters, including quite a bit of DX (JA, YW, XF,
KH, VY1). Couldn’t quite get Tonga (A31).

One thing that really helped was the rig’s dual watch feature. I was able to
leave VFO A parked on a DX station that required “a few” calls to get through
while tuning around with VFO B to find subsequent stations to call.

On top of that it was a beautiful day. I felt a bit sorry for all the guys who
were stuck inside, even if they did have the edge with their KW+ stations and
rotating towers :)

73,
Wayne
N6KR