I think Ham radios from everyone follow more of the Elecraft business
model. The IC718 was introduced in 2000 or earlier and it is still sold.

I think the 7300 is wildly successful (not trying to start a flamewar, but
it is the best selling rig at many dealers) and they likely have economies
of scale, parts get cheaper as you buy more, and they push the price down
after the early adopters have bought, to better compete and drive out the
competition. The Elecraft radios do serve somewhat of a different market,
but you can't ignore that Direct Conversion SDR radios are up and coming.

73,

Mark
W7MLG