Fred,

If you attempted to change bands by moving the VFO knob, you may have the
bands quite skewed.  I would first try doing a 'Direct Frequency Entry' on
each band (see K2 manual page 92) to get things straightened out again.
Then afterward, use the BAND+ and BAND- buttons to change bands.

Yes, your PLL range is just fine - concentrate on the VCO alignment (voltage
at R30) - get that correct before moving on to anything else.

Adjust the voltage at R30 to somewhere between 6 volts and 6.5 volts while
tuned to 4000 kHz (after setting the band to 80 meters), then switch to 40
meters and check the R30 voltage at 7000 kHz - if you have the standard
stuff for the K2, you should see between 1.8 and 2.2 volts at 7000 Hz.  If
these 2 points are within the normal range, all others should fall within
range.  CAUTION: if you have installed the 'rework eliminators', the
procedure is quite different, and the results may be quite confusing - I
have attempted to convince the 'rework eliminator' guys to avoid installing
D19 and D20 and changing the value of C71 for this very reason, but they
have not 'seen the light'.  Unless the K60XV is actually installed, the low
R30 voltage extreme at 5300 kHz cannot be observed, and correct alignment of
the VCO R30 voltages is like taking a 'stab in the dark'.

(Sorry for the RANT Gary, but the fact is that this condition is true and
valid - D19 and D20 and C71 change the VFO range significantly - all other
wiring for the K60XV can be added, but the D19, D20 and C71 should be
delayed until the K60XV is actually installed).

73,
Don W3FPR