The P3 with external monitor sure does a good job of displaying meteor pings! That's about all I am seeing on 10. Back to the 160 Contest.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ

-----Original Message----- From: Wayne Burdick
Sent: Saturday, December 2, 2017 5:33 PM
To: k...@roadrunner.com
Cc: Elecraft Reflector
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] 10 meter RTTY contest starts at 0000Z

Looks like 10 m is acting like 6 meters today -- all the activity is sporadic-E, an all in the eastern half of the U.S.

Wayne

On Dec 2, 2017, at 4:31 PM, <k...@roadrunner.com> <k...@roadrunner.com> wrote:

I have a blast with my KX3 during RTTY contests. I sometimes use the QRP Works Ham Central Terminal with my rig, but about two months ago I simply ran the rig sans terminal using nothing more than message memories and a paddle during a contest. I easily worked about 24 DX countries through a Super Antennas YP-3 yagi up about 20' in the back yard with little effort.

Will have to give the 10M contest a try, thanks Wayne.

72

Howard Kraus, K2UD
---- Wayne Burdick <n...@elecraft.com> wrote:
An RTTY contests is a great time to try your Elecraft rig’s built-in RTTY capability, either using a keyer paddle or the Terminal window in the Utility application. (Applies to K3, K3S, KX2, KX3.)

The 10 meter RTTY contests starts soon (0000Z), so take a listen if you get a chance. You can use the CW/data message memories to store your callsign and exchange.

dxmaps.com shows some activity on the band today, a good sign. I’ve also seen a few signals popping up in the RTTY segment. Warm-up exercises, no doubt.

For rules and other info, see:

 http://www.rttycontesting.com/ten-meter-rtty-contest/

73,
Wayne