> ROBERT MUELLER <k8...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> Why don't we tell Wayne it is time to stop tweaking.

You guessed it, Bob; you can blame me for the final tweaks. I do most of my
operating with small radios that have no fans, so I’ve been obsessing over the
KPA1500’s acoustics.

As mentioned in the last update, we made changes to the power supply fans that
dramatically reduced their sound level (by about 15 dB). Then, last week, we
applied the same technique to the RF deck, with excellent results. In a
20-minute brick-on-key test on 40 meters, the fans cycled between speeds 2 and
3. Previously it had been speeds 4 and 5. I feel that these changes, which
required ordering some different components, are well worth the trouble.

Seriously, you guys are going to love this amp. I’m a QRP guy at heart, but
even I have to admit that hitting the key at 1500 W is a bit of a rush,
especially on an amp that keys silently, like our smaller radios. And thanks to
the latest changes, hunt-and-pounce ops, like me, will almost never hear a fan
come on.

73,
Wayne
N6KR