Tom,

That is the result of the transmit signal leakage into the receive IF output. If it is bothersome, a relay operated with PTT to break the IF output would be in order.

It is not a true representation on the final transmit signal because of shaping circuits in the K3 transmit chain following the leakage point. So it cannot validly be used to analyze the final transmit signal.

73,
Don W3FPR