Problem of reported "low audio" on 10 meter FM solved!  (actually, there was
no problem)

Thanks to Don for telling me how to find the FM DEVIATION adjustment (under
the TECH MODE sub menu).  Once getting there, it was obvious that I didn't
want to change the deviation setting from its default 5.0 Khz.

I made a comparison test using my IC-7000 vs. the KX-2, both on 10 m FM
simplex at about 5 watts into a dummy load, while using a third FM receiver
to record the results.

The KX-2 audio was more than adequate and I found using an MH3 mic gain
setting of 40 +/- was about best.  I may be biased; but the KX-2 sounded
smoother to me than the IC-7K!

Dick,

K1SW