Eric,

If you look at:

http://nk7z.net/adding-external-keypad-k3/

You will find a short article on adding a 64 key pad to the K3 for macro selection. It assumes you have a P3 as well.

About 1/2 way down the post is a down-loadable spread sheet of macros, they don't give you exactly what you wanted, but they may help in getting you started in writing macros...

Fred's book is a really useful item to have, as well as Elecraft's P3 Macro programming manual.

73s and thanks,
Dave
NK7Z
http://www.nk7z.net

Eric W3DQ wrote: I'm interest in macros or ?? (alternative key assignments) to enable
     simple tasks I've been accustomed to with other radios.
The ones that immediately come to mind are
     - jump up or down X Khz (2 buttons)
     - increase/decrease (or reset to the default) step of the tuning encoder
     - switch directly to a specific band instead of having to scroll through
     them to get where you want to go (6 buttons).
There are others that I'm sure I'll think of as time moves on. Thanks & 73,
     Eric W3DQ
     - Sent from my mobile phone

Message delivered to d...@nk7z.net