This "feature" has been commented on in the past. It appears the P3 automatically recomputes the display limits in Fixed Tune mode if the K3 frequency is changed via the RS232 port (i.e., the P3 gets the frequency change command). When I use the Band buttons on the KPA500 to change bands the P3 display limits don't change -- probably because the frequency change is commanded by way of the serial bus between the transceiver and the amp.

I also find this quite annoying and would like the P3 to respect my manual settings when a QSY is commanded.

73...
Randy, W8FN