I'm not sure this is correct.

I stumbled over a 6M opening on New Years Eve. I managed a FT8 QSO with VE2XK - FN07 (LotW verified) from California = CM97, using my K3 with the internal tuner at 100W into a 160M center fed dipole at about 36 feet. I became curious about the pattern with this antenna on 6M so I ran a quick cocoaNEC model. It shows lots of spikes with a major lobe along the length of the wire with about 20 degrees elevation. That lobe was well aimed for the contact, as my 160M dipole runs close to east/west.

73 Bill AE6JV