Bob, K4TAX

 When I click the tune button in the FT-8 software, the K3
goes into transmit but there is no RF out.

On 1/20/2018 1:44 PM, Barthold Lichtenbelt via Elecraft wrote:
My KX3 cuts off input if the mic gain is set too high. Maybe same issue for
your K3?

Barthold
AD0RM

-----Original Message-----
From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Don Wilhelm
Sent: Saturday, January 20, 2018 10:56 AM
To: Larry Libsch <llib...@bellsouth.net>; Elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3 won't TX in FT-8

Larry,

FT-8 is no different than any other data mode, so if other data modes work look
carefully at the FT-8 computer setup.

One thing I can say is that you must have 4 bars of ALC showing with the 5th bar
flickering.  If you have no indication on the ALC meter, that means the K3 is not getting
enough audio from your software application, and you will have to find out why - perhaps
the "power" slider in the
FT-8 application is set too low.

You might want to take a look at the data mode setup on my website
www.w3fpr.com.  In the left column scroll down to the last entry and click on
it to get to the article.

73,
Don W3FPR