Denny,

The only thing I can think of in the KX1 is that C44 may be shorted which
would put your power supply voltage onto the antenna jack.  If I had to
guess, I would say that your R7 had an RF Choke to ground, but your other
antennas do not short the coax for DC.  You may have zapped the RF Choke on
the R7, and that would explain why it now 'works'.  There is a DC path
through the tuners (to the antenna) that you used, so yes, my scenerio is
quite possible.

The first check you should do is look for DC on the KX1 antenna jack - you
can do that without transmitting.  The second thing that you may want to do
is replace the 1N5711 diodes in the KXAT1, your lower power indication may
be a result of a diode failure - easiest way to check is just replace them
(fix any DC at the antenna jack first so you don't zap the new ones).

73,
Don W3FPR