I've got the base K2 # 5422 built - and am doing the
"Alignment & Test, Part III" - Receiver Pre-Alignment,
Transmitter Alignment  (page 74):

The difficulty I'm finding:  It seems like the whole
testing and "peaking" adjustment, is based on BAR
GRAPH 10-LED Display and tweaking the various L1/L2,
L3/L4, C21/C23, L8/L9, L10/L11, C32/C34, L12/L13,
and C44/C46.   There seems to be so much slop in the
various L core adjustment - one can turn one of the
L's - and the LED Display changes little or flickers
side to side.  An analog display, or meter would seem
so much more accurate.

It almost seems like one could mis-adjust L3, or
any of them - by as much as a 1/2 turn - based
solely on what the flickering of the 10-LED
display looks like.

Is there a better way of peaking and checking,
when I attempt this?

I've gone thru this process twice.  On 40 - I
can copy CW and some SSB sigs too.  (12' copper wire
antenna)

Thanks,
Fred N3CSY