In looking back at my test data, I issue a correction as follows:

It is reasonably flat thus +/-1.5 dB from 400 Hz to about 2500 Hz.

My goof.

73
Bob, K4TAX

On 2/10/2018 1:29 PM, Michael Blake wrote:
Thank you Bob.

Mike - K9JRI

On Feb 10, 2018, at 13:57, Bob McGraw K4TAX <rmcg...@blomand.net> wrote:

Based on my measurements the transmit frequency response is limited by the 2.7
kHz SSB filter.  It is reasonably flat thus +/-3 dB from 400 Hz to about 2500
Hz.  My next measurement points were 300 Hz {-6 dB} on the low end and 3000 Hz
{-6 dB} on the high end or 2700 Hz.

Thus your numbers of 200 Hz to 2900 Hz is 2.7 kHz, otherwise about the 6 dB
points on the filter.  I did not go into the ESSB mode and perform any
measurements.   These were done in DATA mode, thus negating TX EQ and Speech
Processing.  I also did similar measurement with TX ALC OFF and in USB mode and
in USB with TX EQ set to 0 dB at all frequencies and well below any ALC action.

While I'm always reluctant to measure and report transmit frequency response of a SSB
transmit path, namely because many users not understanding what takes place, thus would
exclaim "that's horrible frequency response"  while in fact just the opposite
is true in that it makes for darn good sounding audio.

To answer your question, referring to the Elecraft manual and the Fred Cady book, I find no way to
"adjust" the transmit frequency response other than via the TX EQ.   On that point, I
will emphatically state "it is always better to attenuate a frequency or range of frequencies
as opposed to boost a frequency or range of frequencies".

73

Bob, K4TAX