hi all,

I finished a K2 ATU for a friend of me but I had major difficulties to bring
the
female crimp pins into the J8 housing. I used as little solder as possible
(nearly nothing) but still the pins where very very tight in the holes of the
jumper. From visual inspection they should be in their place now. Also the
unsoldered pins in the unused holes were very hard to place.
The major problem comes now: the jumper does not fit on its place on the
control board, the pins don't make a smooth contact, the jumper wiggles and
does not go fully on the board.

I finally gave up and manufactured a 10 wires flat computercable from my
PC junk box and it works now. The disadvantage is there is no shielding in
this cable. The advantage: pin 1 is marked with a red cable and the cable is
much more flexible than before.

Any comments on this missing shielding?
when I set up and tested the ATU all seemed fine.

73! de Werner OE9FWV

--
43 of all statistics are worthless.

Email powered by Pegasus Mail free at <http://www.pmail.com>