The losses pile up for those running QRP or QRPP. I have frequently thought that a QRP system which has the final amplifier at the feed point of the antenna would be very attractive.

A crude way of accomplishing a feed point amp would be to take a radio like the Rockmite and place it at the feed point. If you run the Rockmite with a 9V battery, all you just need wires for the paddle and the headphones.

The big problem as I see it is weight at the feed point. In theory, you could handle the whole operation with a RG-174 feed line. Run DC power on the feed line, and have the feedpoint electronics switch between transmit and receive depending on the signal level on the coax.

But this is just another of the projects lined up to fill the time when I'm not operating.

73 Bill AE6JV