Hey Chris -

Where are you? If you're in town, I probably have what you need. If not, pretty much any cap that will fit the available space, even if it is hanging by it's leads, will work for the time being until you can get the right part. Performance might not be optimum, but anything is better than nothing.

Glad to see you are getting a K2. I've had mine for about 3 years, it works great. It even gives the Mark 5 a run for it's money.

- Jim, KL7CC

Chris Hurlbut wrote:

Does anyone know if a .001 (102) ceramic disc cap will work instead of
the supplied 102 monolithic cap in C49?  I lost one of my 102's, and of
course Radio Shack doesn't have a .001 monolith!  Sheez.  Will the
ceramic discs work?
Thanks!

-Chris KL9A