Hi Bill,

We ship the RF deck and Power Supply in two individual inner boxes that are
then packed with special foam corner inserts into a larger outside shipping
box. The foam inserts, air gap and the outer box provide the extra protection
needed for shipping via UPS etc. We lose that protection if we ship it using
just the two inner boxes on their own.

The easiest thing I would suggest is to simply open the top of the outer box
upon receipt and then easily remove the lighter two inner boxes separately to
move it. They lift out very easily.

Regards,

Eric
elecraft.com