The manual on page 24 says:

Serial: A Kenwood, Yaesu, Elecraft K2, K3, K3S, KX2, or KX3, or FlexRadio® transceiver that responds to IF; FA; FB; FT; polls with frequency and VFO information. The XCVR SERIAL connector is configured as TTL-level RS-232

Is it really TTL?. I planned to use this connected to the serial data line that goes between my Kenwood TS-990 and PC, such that the KPA1500 will catch the frequency data triggered by my logging program. This works great with the KPA500 which I assume uses true RS232 levels. If the KPA1500 does indeed use TTL levels will it capture the data, and will it not corrupt the RS232 levels between the PC and TS-990?

Thanks