Hi Wayne,

Many thanks for that - this works a treat :).

73,

Gary K6YOA

On 3/3/2018 8:05 AM, Wayne Burdick wrote:
Gary,

There is a way to do this. It works equally well on the K2, K3, K3S, KX2, and
KX3.

1. Go into the KX3 Utility “Command Tester” window. (Or use any terminal
emulator application of your choice.)

2. Send the command “TT1;” to the radio from the computer. This will put the
rig into a mode where both transmitted and received characters are outputted to
the serial port, including those sent with the keyer paddle or message memories.

3. To turn this mode off, send “TT0;”.

Note that this feature works with the built-in PSK31/PSK63 and RTTY modes of
all of the rigs as well.

If you decide to try making contacts using CW or the built-in data modes, check
out the “Terminal” function of the Utility. It allows you to use the computer’s
keyboard rather than the keyer paddle.

73,
Wayne
N6KR