From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net <elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net> On
Behalf Of Don Butler
Sent: Wednesday, March 7, 2018 17:17
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] KPA1500 ... ATU tune cycle must be initiated manually since
key line interrupter is installed

I’m just getting to know my new KPA1500 and am having a ball doing so …. it is
a gem!    one minor problem:  I’m using the key line interrupter in the Aux
cable since I am keying through a microHam MK2R+ (the K3S/KPA1500 is one of two
radios connected through the MK2R+ ….. so the key line must now run from K3 to
MK2R+ to KPA1500).   Without the direct keyline connection between K3 and amp I
must manually key the K3 to initiate an ATU tune cycle  ….  I suspect that the
same problem would exist if I were using a KPA500  …. How have KPA500 users
been working around this?

Don, N5LZ

delivered to d...@elecraft.com