Probably the biggest problem with the Signalink USB is not the interface itself, but the Windows builtin drivers for the ADC. It thinks the ADC is a microphone and add +30 dB of gain in software.
That issue is not with Windows ... it is with the device maker who
has selected a device that identifies as microphone level.  Using
the proper device/device ID will cause Windows to see it as a line
level input and set the drivers correctly.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV