Dave,

Yes, you will find the SubRX will be a benefit for working DX - similar to the dual watch on the KX2 - although the K3/K3X subRX will provide a lot more capability, monitoring other bands with the subRX (with VFO IND menu set on is just one 'for instance'). The P3 also adds another layer of helpfulness for DX or contesting operation. It helps you to know where and when to transmit when trying to snag that elusive DX station.

73,
Don W3FPR