Ed,

I have hearing aids, and find I cannot use the CM500 without removing the aids - they cause howls.
My hearing aids are over the ear type as yours are.
Fortunately, my low frequency hearing is about normal, so I can work without the hearing aids - at least for ham radio purposes.

See if you can borrow one before buying. For normal headphones, I have a couple Sony's that I can use with the aids. Try before you buy for best evaluation - everyone is a bit different.

You may be able to push the ear cups up a bit and toward the rear so the mics in your aids are not blocked from the headphone diaphram.

73,
Don W3FPR