Ummm ... sounds like a bureaucratic answer. The only Priority mail packages we have sent over the last 10 years or so that have taken more than 2 days are those to APO/FPO addresses.  Those generally take between 7-10 days depending on where our troop is actually located.  I just mailed a Priority envelope last Mon and our PO says 2-3 days.  It got there in 2.

73,

Fred ["Skip"] K6DGW
Sparks NV DM09dn
Washoe County