I recently corrected such a fault on my KX3 by replacing the BNC chassis
connector.  I had tried all other suspects:  cables, faulty connectors,
cheap crap from Fleabay rather than a reputable source, even different
(previously working) antennas;  nothing worked.  My misadventures are
chronicled on the reflector archives somewhere.  :)

Once I replaced the BNC chassis connector, the rig returned to its normal
stellar performance.

Thanks Bill for the tip about 25.4-1. Didn't know that.  It would have
accelerated the troubleshooting process. :)

On Sun, Mar 25, 2018 at 10:18 Nr4c <n...@widomaker.com> wrote:

> Check every connection in any system. VSWR of 25.1 is normal for an “no
> antenna” condition at any connector. Something is disconnected.
>
> WIt’s this HI SWR you will get HI CUR warming as radio tries to develop
> power into the non-existing antenna. And you will not get much power
> developed.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
> ...nr4c. bill
>

> > On Mar 25, 2018, at 9:32 AM, Chris <cgarba...@optonline.net> wrote:
> >
> > My KX2 started now only reports 25.4-1 when attempting to tune my
> antenna. The value does not fluctuate during the tuning process.
> >
> > During some transmit attempts (SSB, Power set to 3.0W), I received the
> "HI CUR"message. In general, my reported power output never gets above
> 0.5W, no matter what power settings are used.
> >
> > Any help would be appreicated.
> >
> > --Chris (KD2FLH)

> > Message delivered to n...@widomaker.com

> Message delivered to r...@wc3t.us

Rich Hurd / WC3T / DMR: 3142737
PA Army MARS, Northampton County RACES, EPA-ARRL Public Information Officer
for Scouting
Latitude: 40.761621 Longitude: -75.288988  (40°45.68' N 75°17.33' W) Grid:
*FN20is*