Recently checking audio drive to my K3 in support of JT65, I noted the ALC meter not registering normal 4-bars stead 5th flickering. Immediately checking audio level setting from my emu0202 soundcard (I use the headphone jack because it has an adjustable pot for level = manual knob vs computer dialog window slider). Thus I do not use the internal soundcard in my computer (crapped out years ago). Emu0202 connects via USB port.

Next i checked audio lines.  Then finally used a different soundcard.

All result in two bars showing on ALC meter and not adjustable. So I am suspecting failure in the indication ckts.

Final test was doing some JT65 moon-bounce where my signal was successfully received and decoded, indicating that I was probably modulating properly. The peaking of the RF power meter looked right (there is about 2% variation in power on Bird power meter in conjunction with tones).

So what should I look for? Is there any menu setting that could be incorrect? Or does this suggest component failure in ALC metering? Remember that I have 14 years experience using JT65, and seven using the K3 on JT65. Seems incredulous that I could be making a "pilot error". But accidental button push is a possiblity. Yes, I tried adjusting Line-IN with no indicated change on the ALC meter. This was using a tone test/set up mode in WSJT providing steady single freq. tones.

73, Ed - KL7UW
  http://www.kl7uw.com
Dubus-NA Business mail:
dubus...@gmail.com