Ed:
Also spend some time with the TX EQ settings on your K3.  I had the help of a couple friends who know my voice very well.  I don't remember the exact numbers but the 2 or 3 low frequency bands were rolled off a bit.

I've used this mic in various contests for about 3 years.  Always get positive comments about excellent audio.

73 charlie, k1xx/vp2mmf