Robert,

It is possible that the fault is brief enough to register in the fault table, but not turn off the amp.

The 65 to 85 volt range is to be determined with the amplifier turned on, but not keyed and certainly not running at 500 watts.

Do as the manual indicates and measure you AC Mains voltage and select the tap which corresponds to that voltage (chart on page 6 of the Owner's manual. If you cannot get 500 watts out after doing that, the likely reason is that your line voltage is dropping with load. Have a qualified electrician wire a dedicated outlet in the shack with #12 or larger wire.

73,
Don W3FPR