Quite a bit of QRN here, too, Kevin.

Well, here I am again in NC - spent some time Fri and Sat working on antenna
setup at our no-outside-antennas NC second home. My attempt at loading the
aluminum ridge vent came to naught (more on that another time). Current
configuration is an ATU at one end of the attic with a balun and 25 ft of fat
wire stretched out inside the attic and 25 ft of very thin black wire - very,
very hard to see - stretched outside the attic.

Was anxious to try it on ECN but at 20m net time I was still paying the bill
for a little family supper at Elmo's diner.

Fired up the KX-1 in time for the 40m net - heard Tom (about 579) tell Kevin
(about 339) about the storms. Heard W0CZ about 589 w/QSB, VE3XL about 569,
K2VCO, K4JPN, all Q5 but weaker. Heard AB8KJ 589 but a bit off freq. Tried
calling a couple of times in hope someone would hear me and relay, but no such
luck. Hope to QNI next week when I'm back in VA with a real antenna!
73
Ray K2HYD